The best thing about this recipe is mixing the mayonnaise, condensed milk and macaroni. When your giant spatula or wooden spoon tosses those three ingredients, the sound it makes is as dreamy as a Frank Sinatra song. It’s like listening to raindrops hitting the wet land. It’s like listening to tiny shells rolling down the length of the bamboo. It’s like a resonating, reverberating, recurring voice that says, “you are doing something good, don’t stop”. It’s a vibrating moan. It’s like sailing in a fluffy sea. It’s like drumming a thousand little drums. It’s like swimming in a sea of cream and soft stuffs. It is of God’s.
I would like to stop there but the moment I list down the ingredients… I don’t know. You may shriek.
Here we go:
Two and half cups of Mayonnaise, not sour mayonnaise (I can see those eyebrows raising).
175ml of Condensed Milk (I heard you say that. And for those who are talking in their mind, I heard that too.).
for 500 grams Macaroni Pasta (yep, not even a kilo).
Now let’s lighten up the situation –
A can of Pineapple Pieces in syrup
A handful of Raisins
A tablespoon of Pickles
One whole Chicken Breast, poached in sugar, salt, white pepper and a whole onion, shredded afterwards
And let’s make you shriek again –
A cup of grated cheddar Cheese
Now here are some tips while cooking your pasta for your Chicken Macaroni Salad
1. When the water is boiling, add oil, any kind of oil except used oil. I use butter myself and generous amount of salt. Not only that it prevents your pasta from sticking, it will also give your pasta a little bit of flavor kick. This method is done for stringy pastas mainly but you do not want to see your macaroni pasta stick like letter M’s.
2. As long as you see the water turn a little whitish, then you’re pasta is nearly al dente. But you still have to check if they are. Whether this is your first time to cook macaroni or the nth time, get a piece of macaroni from the boiling pot and bite through it. If it’s still hard or has an uncooked part (usually in the middle), of course you know it’s not done. That’s what “al dente” literally means – to the tooth.
3. After your pasta is al dente and transfered into a clean strainer (clean that strainer you disgusting animal), let cold water run through them so it will prevent your pasta from sticking. Did I say cold water? And did I say it should be inside a strainer and not swimming in a bowl?
Let’s do the Chicken for your Chicken Macaroni Salad
1. Chicken in the pot with water just above it. Add 1 whole onion. Add generous amounts of sugar, salt and white pepper. You want your salad immaculately white so if you try adding black pepper, good luck. 101 Dalmatians Pasta recipe.
2. Place it in high heat until it boils then lower the heat down until the next 15 minutes. Strain it and set aside. (why do all recipes use the phrase “set it aside?”)
3. After it is not hot. Notice above I wrote set aside. Separate it into thin, long strands – with your fingers. Do not ever use a knife or somebody will stab you with it.
On Mixing your Chicken Macaroni Salad…
1. Do not put all the ingredients in yet. What you want to do is see the consistency of your pasta with your condensed milk and mayo first. What’s the ratio you ask? Look at the measurements in the ingredients up there. That’s around that mark. You may like it sweeter, you may like it mayo-er. As long as every single piece of macaroni get’s covered with your dressing you are good amigo. And be careful with opening that can of condensed milk. If this is your first time of opening that can of condensed milk, you will spill it. So let it stand on anything flat (get some models) and do not open it near your body parts unless you want to execute foreplay all by yourself.
Are you mixing it yet? If you are, read the first paragraph of this post again.
2. When adding the rest of ingredients, be careful with adding more pickles.
3. You can’t eat it yet. You need to chill it. Stick it in the fridge. You also do not want to starve your macaroni with a little mayo or condensed milk. The reason why we are putting a lot of it is because the pasta will absorb the dressing while chilling. You do not want to open your glass container and see that your mayo-condensed milk mix has somewhat escaped the salad. And yes, a glass or plastic container. Don’t you ever try putting it in a metal container. I don’t want you to ruin it. At least 2 hours of chilling yes?
For those who have their own Macaroni Dessert Salad recipe, I know you’ve been talking in your mind that you have a different one. I heard it. Let others know about it by posting it in the comments below.